Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Royal Treatment by Lindsey Leavitt



Title/Author: The Royal Treatment (Princess For Hire #2) by Lindsey Leavitt
Publisher/Date published: Disney-Hyperion, May 3rd 2011
How I got this book: received it from the publisher through NetGalley

Goodreads summary: "Desi Bascomb's job as a princess substitute has gotten a whole lot more glamorous now that she's advanced to Level 2 within the Facade Agency. Magical make-up, roller-skating celebrities, and the chance to see Prince Karl again are just some of the major perks. Not to mention, she's landed the role of Fairy Queen in her school's production of Midsummer's Night Dream (opposite her best friend's crush. Which is a little weird, but at least he wears a donkey head during their kissing scene). Life should be perfect, but Desi can't seem to shake the feeling that there is more going on with the agency's magic than she's told. Like why is this mind-bending power exclusive to royals? Is it possible that there could be a bigger way to make an impact in both parts of her life?"

I really enjoyed Princess For Hire and I was glad I could almost immediately continue with The Royal Treatment, cause I was excited to find out what adventures Desi would get into this time.
And let me just say that I was not disappointed! I loved this one more than the first book, it was wonderful!

Desi is such a lovable heroine! She has my kind of humor and gosh, I'd want her as my friend. She's spunky and if she wants something she goes the extra mile to get it, which I respect.
I didn't mention it in my review of Princess for Hire, but I'm a huge Reed-fan. HUGE! He is extremely crush-worthy. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what will happen with him.

In Princess for Hire there's a Prince Karl situation, that I wasn't really sure what to think of, but let me just say that this book made me very, very happy about that. And I hadn't seen it coming. And I LOVED that I didn't see it coming! I annoy myself by guessing how plot twists will work out and am always happy when I get surprised by things. Pleasantly, in this case.

The ending makes me whish for the next book already! I'm intrigued by how Leavitt left things and 2012 cannot come soon enough with the third book in this wonderful series! It's such a cute read and I can't get enough of it.
If I ever have a daughter I'm going to put this series in her hands and make her read it, I think they're that good.

My rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I know!!
    I was so glad I could read one book after the other, too!!
    And I can't wait for the next one either!
    I liked how the Karl situation was resolved, and I didn't see the twist coming either.

    I'm glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete