Thursday, April 19, 2012

Daisy Update (8)


Very scary but real: I'm looking for a job. It involves writing application letters and a resumee and calling secretaries asking if they know if there's a job opening and all that. And it's making me feel all grown up! And when I manage to land myself a job I'll have to start worrying about paying rent, health insurance, car insurance (as I'll probably need to get a car) and all such fun stuff. I'm very excited and also starting to think of what to get my parents when I actually get my first paycheck :)

Also: I'm graduating on Tuesday!! Tuesday is the day I get to stand up with 11 other med school students and say 'I promise' after they read the oath of Hippocrates, after which I'll officially be a doctor. I've invited my family and friends and I'm so happy they're all going to be there as it's such a big moment for me!

Apart from looking for a job, I've also been doing other things, mainly reading and spending a bucketload of money on books and clothes. Yeah, that kinda happens when I have time to spare. I've ordered 14 books and pre-ordered another 18 and went to a bookstore to get paper for our printer and got 3 books that were on sale... I SERIOUSLY need to stop buying so many books. I've read 17 books so far and written a whopping 17 reviews which means NO PENDING REVIEWS! Except for all those review books I haven't read yet... But still, I've been doing great right? :)

I've also been spending time with my family and friends and finally had more time to spend with my boyfriend because now I don't fall asleep at 9.30PM and it's been amazing! I know I need to go back to the real world soon and I'm start working at my parttime job again next Thursday. Gotta have some way to support my crazy buying ;)

I was really looking forward to participating in Dewey's Read-a-Thon this Saturday and I thought there'd be no way it wouldn't be manageable. BUT. The world intervened. My dad's birthday is Friday and he decided to celebrate said happy event on Saturday. Also, my parents are buying me something shiny as a graduation gift (AKA jewelry!) and we're going shopping for it Saturday afternoon. This doesn't leave me much time to participate, but I'll try to start early and just read all of Sunday, so I feel like I'm still participating. But yeah, sad I can't pull an all nighter like I'd planned to, but I love spending time with my family and staring at sparkly things :)

And you guys, I've finally been reading 5 star books again!! :D This makes me infinitely happy!

Also, I love Titanic, but when I saw this Youtube video I snorted, it's slightly offensive, but VERY funny:



Speaking of movies, have you guys seen The Hunger Games??? Did you love it??? I DID! :D The only annoying thing was that when we went to the movies, all the obnoxious 13-year-olds in the neighbourhood were there (no offense to 13-year-olds, but these were annoying) and just kept on talking and laughing throughout the movie! Even when a certain someone died and it was a really emotional moment! Seriously! I was not amused.
I was pretty happy with how it turned out, I had some complaints, but all in all it was a great movie for me :)

Anyway, I think that's about it for me. Let me kwow what you've been up to and I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. So many awesome things happening Daisy! I'm happy for you.
    And getting a job is scary, but it needs to be done :P I've been thinking on picking up another part time job, maybe teach a few classes, because frankly this job I have now pays crap - though I like working in the library, and it's a stress free job, which was what the doctor recommended.

    And congrats on the Graduation!! :)
    When I graduated it was only 7 girls - including me - in my major, :( so we didn't get to throw a party.

    Oh, and I can't wait for your 5 star reviews! I've been trying to make a dent in my Net Galley pile and I'm three books away from reading all I requested in 2011 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yay yay for you Daisy! Job hunting it scary, but it's fun acting all adult-like too :-)

    And congrats on graduation on Tuesday! I'll be sending mental hugs your way!! I'll miss you during the readathon, but enjoy all of your book buying and sparkly-things shopping and have fun!

    ReplyDelete