Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Books To Read In One Day


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

For future Top Ten Tuesday topics, check them out here!

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about books to read in one day. So it's basically a list of books that had me so on the edge of my seat reading them that I shushed everyone who dared interrupt me :)
Also, my list is totally featured on The Broke and the Bookish today, so it is in fact a duplicate of that list ;)

1. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: Seriously you guys, if you haven't read this book and are a fan of good dystopian YA GO OUT AND GET YOUR HANDS ON IT NOW! It was SO good and I just wanted to keep reading from the moment I started it.

2. Witchlanders by Lena Coakley: I'm still not entirely sure how this book hasn't been getting more buzz cause it's so incredibly awesome! The writing is beautiful and I absolutely didn't want to put it down. I'm still wishing there will be a sequel.

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: towards the end there is too much tension to find out if there will be a happily ever after to put it down for the night! I had so much adrenaline going on I couldn't sleep after even though it left me with a big smile on my face!

4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman: reading this was such a rush and I couldn't bring myself to stop until I reached the end. I was an emotional wreck after finishing it.

5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: because the ENDING! The storytelling is wonderful and it completely sucked me in, but after the ending you will wish you had already had the forsight to order Pandemonium as well so you can read it straight after! Although I'm told Pandemonium also ends on a cliffhanger...

6. Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake by Sarah MacLean: the romance in this one is AMAZING! Really, this whole series is wonderful. There's all this tension and conflict and heartbreak and a swoonworthy man... If you like historical romance, definitely read this one. I couldn't put it down to save my life.

7. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: because it's a classic that's actually exciting and will have you wanting to know what exactly is going on at Manderley and what the deal is with Rebecca.

8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: do I even need to explain why? It's EPIC fantasy and it needs to be read all at once to get the full experience!

9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I started this book and 'woke up' 374 pages later to discover several hours and meals had passed. You will thank yourself for picking a time when you can read it all at once when you start it cause doing other stuff will just feel irrelevant.

10. You Wish by Mandy Hubbard: because it's just absolutely cute and a great way to spend a sunny/rainy/neutral weather afternoon. It is that good.

So what are books you read in one day? Or books you think should be read in one day? I personally feel that most books are best experienced when you read all of it in a short amount of time and I seem to enjoy them more when I do read them in one day.

8 comments:

  1. Rebecca is in my TBR pile (or should I say mountain ?).
    I also already have heard of If I stay and Delirium, which have been translated into french (and The Hunger Games, of course, but reaaly who hadn't read this series yet?).
    I should check on the other ones !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, TBR piles usually can't be called piles anymore ;) I think mine is easily two mountains...

      Delete
  2. *grins*
    you put a lot of books that I've really liked in your list! - which is awesome over all :D

    Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Under the Never Sky and it's in my ever-growing to be read pile. I just might have to bump it up to the next reading spot after reading your rec! I still need to read Delirium, as well...I've heard sooo many good things about it, and with the sequel coming out, I think it's due XD.

    Great list! New follower :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under the Never Sky is SO amazing, if you have you should really read it soon! Or right now ;)
      And YES, read Delirium!!

      Delete
  4. that's a nice list to spend a day with. thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with many of your suggestions - especially The Hunger Games - for the same reason you mentioned them! I couldn't put The Hunger Games, 9 Rules or Anna down at all!

    ReplyDelete