Sunday, May 6, 2012

Daisy Update (9)

Hello everyone!! I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday and have been having a wonderful couple of weeks! I always mean to post a weekly Daisy Update, but yeah, it doesn't always happen.

So since I told you guys what was going on with me last time I've officially graduated!!! :) As evidence, a picture of me grinning at my diploma I'd gotten about 30 seconds before this picture was taken:


I was so happy and I got to share it with my friends and family and my boyfriend and it was wonderful! Also, I got to wear my pretty dress and I did NOT want to take it off when it was time to go to bed. I'm trying to figure out when I'll be able to wear a fancy dress again, cause it's definitely not something for all occasions... Hmm...
But anyway, it was great, I got to graduate with one of my friends who has been through the 3 years of internships with me all the way and it felt even more special because of that. After, I went out to dinner with my parents, brother, his girlfriend and my boyfriend and the restaurant put a bit of firework in my desert because they found out what the occasion was and though it was a bit scary (I'm a big wuss when it comes to fireworks, even childfriendly ones), it was also lovely and sweet.
So yeah, good times! :)

So, the day after I just chilled out, staring at the flowers I'd gotten and then it was time to get back to the real world, as I've been working my parttime job again while still looking for a job. *sigh*

Anyway, over this weekend it's become more clear that I need to start looking for a car ASAP, because having people drive me and the boyfriend around is beyond annoying and it just needs to stop. So we need to buy a car. And I know absolutely zero about cars, aside from that I know they shouldn't make certain noises and I'd like to have one that doesn't have dents or scratches on it. I mean, if it gets damaged I want to at least know who to blame for it.

Last week it was Queen's Day here in Holland and the day before is Queen's Night (I know, original right?) and on Queen's Night I went out with friends, which was a lot of fun and on Queen's Day itself me and the boyfriend went to the festivities with his friends which was also nice. Confession: I'm not really into the whole thing and dressing up (you're either supposed to dress in something horrendously orange or assesorize with it or red-white-blue, the colors of our flag), but I sort of conformed. I always joke I'm a bad Dutchie cause I hate the color orange, liquorice, something horrible called 'stamppot' which is basically just mashed potatoes and some sort of vegetable mixed together (and gross) and herring.

Anyway, I have been reading a LOT of books and also, buying a lot of books... I KNOW, I said I should be put on a ban and I really should be! But it's so hard and the Book Depository is making it harder by offering a 10% off thing and I just can't control myself... Hello, my name is Daisy and I'm a book buying addict.
And shoe buying addict. Seriously, in one day I bought THREE pairs of shoes. It was insane. But just look at the pretty!:


Really, how could resist them? They just kept staring at me saying 'buy us, we want to come home with you'. So I gave in.

Also, my boyfriend's birthday is this week! I'm not sure what we'll be doing to celebrate on the day itself, but on Friday he's having a sort of party for his family, should be fun. I'm plotting gifts, but I can't tell you what, cause he admits that he sometimes reads my blog...

OH, and as of this Friday I have a new cousin!! Her proud daddy sent a picture (gotta love e-mail) and she's absolutely adorable! I can't wait to visit him and my aunt and meet the little girl in person. I just love babies...

Anyway, I think that's all my news. What's going on with you? And I hope you all have a great week!!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you graduation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduating!!! YAY!!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay yay, congrats on your graduation & your new cousin!!! Sounds like you've been having a lovely time, I hope you have some good lucky car & job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I have been enjoying myself very much :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you! And I really hope so too! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete