Sunday, June 3, 2012

Daisy Update (11) In which I bought a car!!

So you guys remember how I mentioned last time that I needed to get a car?? I TOTALLY DID! :D I went to check it out last week with my parents and then picked it up yesterday and we're already great friends :) Here's a picture of my cute little car:


Ok, so this one isn't mine, but they took the pictures down from the dealer's site and I haven't snapped a picture of it yet myself and it's raining here, so I don't feel like going outside. But mine looks the same :) It's small enough that even I can park it easily and big enough that I can still take stuff with me, so I'm happy :)
Though spending all that money on it made me wince somewhat, but it's what I'd been saving it for, so I'm telling myself to get over it. Which is easier every time I drive it and it makes me feel all happy to know it's mine, even though it's still somewhat surreal that I actually OWN A CAR.

Anywhoo, the last two weeks have seen me working at my parttime job, this Friday was the last time, so now I get to have a month off before starting my new job and just relax before I will need to work ALL THE HOURS. It's scary and exciting and it makes me feel like I should be studying EVERYTHING so I'll be prepared. So in between the relaxing I'll actually also open a book every now and again ;)

And seriously, you'd think the weather would be nice to me and all since I have all this time off, but NOOOO, it insists on raining and being all kinds of nasty even though it's almost Summer. I mean, seriously? I'd like to go on a small vacation with my boyfriend and since all the budget went into buying the car, it'll need to be in Holland, so it'd be nice if the weather was at least somewhat less unpleasant. *sigh*

Last night I went out with some of my friends and designated drove so I could show off my shiny car :) We had fun, but sometimes I feel a bit old with all the 16-year-olds also going to those bars (even though they're for people over 21). Being the DD meant that I was giggling a lot at all the things I caught and my friends didn't, I love people watching! :) But being sober also meant that I saw ALL THE THINGS. And well, some things I'd rather have been blisfully unaware of...

I also met my new cousin yesterday! She's 4 weeks old and totally adorable! :) I can't help myself, I just love babies, all cute and cuddly and shopping for gifts for little kids is one of my favourite things ever. Her older brother turns 3 today and he roped me into playing picknick and cars and shop with him all afternoon and was just all kinds of adorable. He's a really sweet little boy and I hope that he won't get over the phase where he hugs people goodbye, cause it's so sweet!

In bookish news: I've been reading all 3-5 star books for the past 2 weeks and it's been great! I haven't once felt the urge to DNF a book and I'm just loving it! :) Also, I read my first Julia Quinn novel last weekend, her newest release A Night Like This and I'm SO in love with her writing!! I'm dying to read more of her books and am just generally a new fan :) If the Duke and I, which is sitting on my shelf, is anywhere near as good then I think she'll go on my auto-buy list! :)
I love it when I discover a new author to love!

This week will basically see me doing as less of the things as I possibly can, I'm just going to relax and read and try to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night (SO TIRED right now) and I wish you all a great week as well!
For all of those going to BEA: I hope you have fun meeting all the authors and bloggers and I wish I could be there with you guys! Maybe next year...

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh your car is so cute!!! CONGRATS! There is something SO exciting and liberating about having a car and being able to go anywhere whenever you want, I don't think I'd ever be able to give it up! :-)

    I hope you're able to have a nice SUNNY vacation and just a generally relaxing month off before starting your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) And you're so right, it's incredibly liberating and I don't think I could give it up that easily again either..

      Delete
    2. Hi ladies! What’s more incredible with having your own car is that it makes you feel empowered on the road. No other people to adjust with, just you and your car. Keep safe on tour Daisy and, of course, enjoy your vacation. :D

      Timmy Radloff

      Delete
  2. Yay for your first JQ! I'm reading that one soon too. And you should pick up book one of the Smythe.- Smith books, I really like it because the guy is just generally nice - he even admits he doesn't really know how to flirt.

    Duke and I is pretty good but I personally like the Brother's books more - Viscount Who Loved me, Offer From a Gentleman and Romancing Mr. Bridgerton - never liked the girls books as much.

    nways! Your car is awesome! looks really cute.

    And Double YAY for babies and small cousins! I love to buy baby stuff :D It's all cute and tiny :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like my kind of guy!! I feel the need to read ALL of her novels! :)
      Thank you!! I'm really loving it and the freedom of just being able to go anywhere and not having to check if the trains are running or if someone can pick me up or whatever :)
      I so loving buying them presents!! Everything looks so cute and bright and colorful! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice car! And yay for Julia Quinn! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s definitely something to be said about earning your car, so you should be very proud of yourself! I think you could also have easily taken out a car loan, but then, we all have different ways of going about our purchases. Besides, I think you’ll have more affection for the car, knowing that you worked hard for every penny you spent on it! Congratulations, and I hope you and your boyfriend get to go on that vacation soon!

    - Madeline Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great decision to buy your own car, Daisy! Freedom to go wherever you want and whenever you, with whoever you want to be with are some of the perks you can enjoy now that you have your own car. Just keep in mind that freedom is never without responsibilities, okay? Enjoy!

    -Rigoberto Axelson @ BrandonDodgeOnBroadWay

    ReplyDelete