Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mini-Review of Fire With Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian


Title/Author: Fire With Fire (Burn For Burn #2) by Jenny Hand and Siobhan Vivian
Publisher/Date published: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, August 13th 2013
How I got this book: received it from the publisher as an egalley
Buy this book at: The Book Depository

Goodreads summary: Lillia, Kat, and Mary had the perfect plan. Work together in secret to take down the people who wronged them. But things didn’t exactly go the way they’d hoped at the Homecoming Dance.

Not even close.

For now, it looks like they got away with it. All they have to do is move on and pick up the pieces, forget there ever was a pact. But it’s not easy, not when Reeve is still a total jerk and Rennie’s meaner than she ever was before.

And then there’s sweet little Mary... she knows there’s something seriously wrong with her. If she can’t control her anger, she’s sure that someone will get hurt even worse than Reeve was. Mary understands now that it’s not just that Reeve bullied her — it’s that he made her love him.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, burn for a burn. A broken heart for a broken heart. The girls are up to the task. They’ll make Reeve fall in love with Lillia and then they will crush him. It’s the only way he’ll learn.

It seems once a fire is lit, the only thing you can do is let it burn...

Sorry about the mini-review eons later than it should have been up, but I read Fire With Fire while I was on vacation, then when I got back this happened and it left me unable to write anything, let alone form a coherent opinion.

Basically my reaction to Fire With Fire:

-I loved seeing more of all three of the girls and watch their friendship develop further.

-I was SO confused by all the Mary chapters! But don't worry, it'll make sense in the end.

-I wasn't a big fan of the romantic developments in Lillia's life.

-There was this dark, creepy feeling to the whole of the book and I'm STILL shocked by things that were revealed at the end and seriously, now I just want to go read it again WITH that knowledge because holy batman, that is CRAZY!

-Fire With Fire suffered a bit from second-book-syndrome, but the ending totally made up for it and I can't wait for the final book!!

My rating: 3,5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment